Click here to download the 2016-17 Student/Parent Handbook
Discipline is considered the foundation of learning in all SABIS® Network schools. Recognizing that fact, SABIS® developed its own Code of Conduct, which is the behavioral mainframe by which each school will carry on its day-to-day operations. The Code reflects academic standards and the right for every student to learn in a non-threatening environment. The Code further reflects the school's desire to protect each individual's right to deal with violations of safety issues through consequences. SABIS® sees the implementation of such a code as a necessary element of providing a positive school experience for everyone and ensuring that behavior standards are met consistently throughout the community.
Creating high behavioral expectations at The Academy not only leads to a safer school, but also enables all students to feel welcome and safe to focus on learning. Academy students and parents will sign a contract detailing their respective responsibilities.
SABIS® Student Management System
All students are entitled to learn in a positive, well-managed environment. To achieve this goal, all members of The Academy team work together to create a community of learners.
- Sets the tone
- Coaches and mentors staff
- Makes final decisions regarding discipline
- Have high expectations
- Teach "discipline"
- Teach & practice procedures & routines
- Uphold school rules
- Practice effective classroom management
- Act as role models
The Student Life Coordinator
- Establishes the culture
- Motivates students & gets them involved
- Adds an objective and positive perspective
- Is a key player
The Student Management Coordinator
- Helps students want to be good
- Understands that positive consequences are as important as negative ones
- Knows that being proactive is an effective prevention tool
- Understands that talking with students is crucial to changing behavior
- Become good citizens
- Be part of the "WE" culture
- Get involved
- Are informed of school's expectations
- Accept school priorities (academics)
- Support school philosophy
The Student Management Team
- Helps create a community of learners
- Monitors Behavior
- Follows up & assigns consequences
- Maintains behavior records
- Communicates with parents
The Academy has a dress code policy that requires students to be in uniform. Student uniforms help to foster a sense of community, eliminate competition among students, and offer families some economic relief.
The Academy uniform will consist of:
- Khaki pants, shorts or skirts (skirts must be no shorter than 3" above the knee)
- Burgundy or White polo shirts
- Brown or Black dress shoes
- Sneakers (especially on Gym day)
- Belts are required for boys Grades 1+ and optional for girls (Black or Brown belts only)
**School uniforms may be purchased at any retail location of your choosing.
Our Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying (HIB) Coordinator is:
Mr. Al Cores
+1 609 759 2005
Click here to download IATCS' complete Anti-Bullying Policy